OsmAnd can display several different type of routes:
- Tracks (GPX) - recorded or planned trip saved in GPX-format. This kind of route could be imported from the external source, created in the application or recorded by user. GPX could contain one of 3 different types of data or all of them:
- Track as a line - file has
<trkpt>points array, each point has location and optionally time, speed, altitude and other attributes. These tracks are displayed on the map as solid lines.
- Track as a route - file has
<rtept>points array, each point describes as an intermediate point of the route. It depends on track how points within a route should be connected either as small route segments or via straight line. These tracks are displayed on the map as dashed lines.
- Waypoints - file has
<wpt>points with attributes. Waypoints are displayed as circular points on the map. You could click on them to get additional information.
- Track as a line - file has
- Navigation Route - a route line displayed during navigation. By default this is a solid transparent blue line, though default appearance depends on vector map style, day & night mode. It's also possible to fully customize it on Android.
- Routes and route networks on the map - special objects on the map from OpenStreetMap data and provided with standard vector maps. They typically represent popular local routes and could be displayed in many ways (shields, color, thickness, pattern). To use these types of routes you will need to enable them on the map.
Read more about GPX Tracks.
Android: Меню → Настройки карты → Треки → … → Choosing tracks for displayed from the list and setting of track appearance.
iOS: Menu → Configure map → Tracks → Choosing tracks for displayed from the list
Android: Меню → Мои места → Треки → → Показывать на карте or "Map" button for choosing multiple tracks.
iOS: Menu → My Places → Tracks → › → Show on map or "Layer" button for choosing multiple tracks.
In OsmAnd, you can change the color, thickness of the track, turn on the display of arrows and icons of the starting and ending points.
You can short tap on the track on the map → Обзор → click to "eye" button for not showing the track on the map.
Short tap on the track on the map -> Обзор → click to "palette" button for opening Track appearance menu:
|Parameter and Description|
|Интервал разбиения - Интервал между метками расстояния или времени на треке.|
|Стрелки направления - adding direction info for the track.|
|Показывать значки старта и финиша - showing or not start / finish icons of the track.|
|Цвет - select color for the track: color by Сплошной (constant color), Скорость (color depends on speed info of the track), Высота (color depends on altitude info of the track), Уклон (color depends on slope info of the track). For planning trip, user can choose color of route info data: Класс дороги, Покрытие, Ровность, Зимние и ледовые дороги, Покрытие.|
|Выберите ширину - rendering of thikness for the track: Тонко, Средне, Жирно, Своё.|
For detailde information of the track on the map you need to use "Analyze on map" option:
Short tap on the track → Опции → Анализ на карте
- Graph: altitude / slope / speed - data of vertical axis. Here user can choose: Altitude, Slope, Speed, Altitude/Slope, Altitude/Speed data for viewing on Graph.
- Graph: distance / time - data of horizontal data. User can choose: Distance, Time, Time of day for analyzing data of vertical axis by timing or distance.
- Interact with map & graph - tap to Graph for showing info about track point and moving finger along Graph shows info about points of the track. User can scale Graph by two fingers.
- Follow My location - new function for navigation by track.
The route is a line on the map that shows a user's creating trip. In OsmAnd users create a route by Navigation function.
In OsmAnd for Android, a user can customize route line: color and width.
Меню → Настройки профиля → Внешний вид профиля → Customize route line
In OsmAnd user can highlight routes and hiking symbol overlay for activities. It will very useful for cycling, hiking, etc.:
Android: Menu → Configure map → Map rendering → Routes
iOS: Menu → Map → Map style → Routes
Read more about Travel routes for Vector map style.