OsmAnd is a mobile application for Maps and Navigation available for Android and iOS. You can download it on most popular Markets.
iOS: App store.
Read more about OsmAnd versions and Purchases.
Our goal is to create fully functional Map-oriented application that could be used offline in various purposes. The application is full of features, so you don't need to switch between different apps and have everything at your fingertips:
- Browse Worldwide Map with lots of details displayed with many map styles.
- Display, search and save various Points of interests.
- Plan a route by car, bicycle, foot and combine it.
- Start voice guided navigation with screen on and off.
- Make your tourist trip rich with offline Wikipedia and Wikivoyage.
- Fully customize how the map displayed and what widgets are displayed on it.
- Navigate by boat, by a given track, by public transport and offroad.
- Everything works in Offline Mode!
- And don't forget to contribute to OpenStreetMap with OSM Editing Plugin.
OsmAnd doesn't have any required permissions on iOS / Android version.
- Internet - initial download / update offline maps. Also could be needed to access online features such as Street Level Imagery, Online photos or Online maps.
- GPS / GSM Network - determine your location, follow you in a navigation mode, record your trip (optional). This permission is asked when you click my location button or when you start navigation.
- Camera/voice recording (Android) - only used by the Audio/Video notes. This feature is packaged as plugin and by default disabled. It allows to quickly create location-related audio/video notes during a trip.
OsmAnd is an offline map application, so after 'Get started' screen, you will be proposed to download map of your region. You can select another region or skip this step and download map later.
Note: Application is not properly functional without offline maps which are not distributed within application. Even though application supports Vector maps and Raster maps, it is highly recommend to start with Offline Vector Maps to get all features properly functioning such as Search, Navigation, Context menu.
Read more about download map options.
For convenient use of the application, the user is advised to select the desired profiles and configure the basic parameters of the app. In the Main menu when you press Settings button you enter the Global settings menu and Profile configuration menu.
Plugins is an additional settings that provides you with advanced functions of the application. You can customize what plugin should be switched on according to your current needs.
Enable / disable plugins:
Android: Menu → Plugins → ︙ → Enable
iOS: Menu → Plugins → ✓ .
Read more about OsmAnd plugins.
Map interactions are gestures and actions that help you better navigate the map. In order to choose which map style you would like to use and customize map mode and which icons should be displayed on the map, you need to go to the Configure map menu.
The navigation functionality guides you to your destinations, by displaying routes, offering turn-by-turn instructions, and optional voice guidance.
If you have a specific question, please check Troubleshooting to have it answered.