Track on the map is user recorded trip or plan route with makred points on it or not. OsmAnd track file has gpx-format.
You can add tracks to OsmAnd in these ways:
- Import from the external source.
- Create in the application using Plan route tool.
- Record in the application using Trip recording plugin.
Abilities to manage tracks in OsmAnd:
- Enable and disable tracks on the map.
- Configure track appearance, edit and analyze.
- Use for navigation.
OsmAnd has no limit on the number of tracks to store and display.
- Formats: OsmAnd uses GPX format for tracks and points.
- Import: the app can import GPX, KML, KMZ formats of tracks and points.
iOS: Menu → My Places → Tracks → Create new track
- Add points - click to Add waypoint to track or Select point on map to add to the track.
- Edit / delete - clicking to "Pencil" button open menu with "Edit" and "Delete" buttons.
- Change order - long tap to "☰" button and change the order of chosen point by moving up or down.
- Edit track via Plan route tool.
Android: Menu → My Places → Tracks
At the bottom of the screen are four Actions buttons.
- "+" button - allows to import GPX track from device storage.
- "earth" button - opens Add point menu for adding points by inputting coordinates.
- "map" button - allows to choose tracks for showing its on the map.
- "🗑" button - allows to choose tracks for deleting.
- "⟳" button - allows to refresh tracks list.
- "OSM editing" button - allows to upload chosen track to OSM.
Clicking to "🔍" button on the top of the device screen opens the searching function of the tracks list.
Clicking to "sort" button on the top of the device screen opens choosing sort menu for tracks on the list.
- Last modified - sorting tracks in the list by last modified.
- Name: A – Z - sorting tracks in the list by name A → Z.
- Name: Z – A - sorting tracks in the list by name Z → A.
iOS: Menu → My Places → Tracks
Actions on Folder list
- "layers" button on the top of the device screen - allows to choose and show tracks on the map from tracks list.
- "Import tracks" on bottom part of the device screen - open tab "Import from documents" and next description "To import your GPX files (common GPS data format) from Dropbox, Email, or any other source use "Copy to OsmAnd Maps" option".
- "Create new track" on bottom part of the device screen - opens "Edit mode" for creating new track.
Actions on Track menu
iOS: Menu → My Places → Tracks → tap to the needed track
- Rename - allows to rename the chosen track.
- Remove - allows to delete the chosen track.
- Export - allows to delete the chosen track.
- Edit mode - allows to edit / create track.
- to be deleted.
- Change folder - allows to change a folder for the chosen track.
- Link to Import / Export functionality