My location is a circle button that shows whether the center of the map is synchronized with "my location" (geolocation of the device). It is also known as "Where am I?". Generally in navigation, the map is synced with device location, and there are no needs to move the map constantly. In this case, the button is hidden and will be activated when the map and 'my location' will go out of sync by user gesture. The app will try to find the device location and show it on the map at the center of the screen when the user clicks on it ( iOS will switch to the 3D mode when the user click twice on it).
My location button has following indicative states:
- Full blue icon - location is found but it is not synchronized with map
- White icon - location is found and it is synchronized with map
- Grey icon - location has not found yet
- Arrow icon (iOS) - 3D mode is switched on
Long tap on My location opens Context menu, so user can share own location.
Zoom buttons are always visible next to My Location and allow to control map zoom level. Changing zoom level doesn't change map synchronization with location. Long tap on Zoom buttons opens Map magnifier dialog and allows to change map detailing.
Keep in mind that during navigation zoom can be controlled by Auto zoom setting:
Android: Menu → Settings → App profiles → Navigation settings → → Auto zoom map
iOS: Menu → Settings → App profiles → Navigation settings → → Auto zoom map
Directions button has 3 different indicative states:
- Default grey icon - the route has not been built yet. A dialog to build a new route will appear by click.
- Default blue icon - the route is built, but navigation has not started yet. A dialog with route information will appear by click.
- Blue arrow icon - the route is built and navigation has started. A dialog with route information will appear by click.
Main menu button allows to access to all features of the application. In navigation mode this button is not visible by default. It appears after a short tap on the map.
Search button buttons provides quick access from the map to search capabilities.
Compass widget indicates how map is oriented on the device screen and top arrow / red arrow points where the north of map is located. It also shows the current Map orientation mode. Clicking on the compass will cycle through all Map orientation modes.
Android: Menu → Configure screen → Left panel → Compass
iOS: Menu → Configure screen → Left panel → Compass
Compass widget could be hidden if current orientation mode is
No rotation (north always upwards) and north of the map is pointed exactly to the top of device.