- Favorite backups
- Folder structure (iOS / Android)
Map package can be saved in two formats: SQ Lite and Metainfo.
Next, you need to move your map package file(s) to OsmAnd-tiles directory:
For Android OsmAnd - you need to access storage to copy file(s) from PC to the device folder BASEOSMAND_STORAGE/tiles or you can click the file on your email, cloud, or messenger, download it and choose OsmAnd app to open. Map package is added automatically to your online maps list in OsmAnd.
For iOS OsmAnd - you need to click the file on your iTunes or messenger, download it and choose OsmAnd app to open. Map package is added automatically to your online maps list in OsmAnd.
(for the Android version only)
- Go to
Settings (on the start screen) --> OsmAnd Settings --> Data storage folder
- Change the value to a path pointing to the external SD card, on many
Android systems it may contain
/storage/extSdCardor similar. Please note that some versions of Android strictly limit your choice of which path will be write-accessible for apps.
- You are then asked if the contents of the OsmAnd data folder should be moved from internal memory to the external SD card. You may also perform this manually using a built-in file manager app on the device, or via connecting the device to a computer as external storage and performing the move from there.
If you update your Android to version 4.4.x, you will experience a known
Android issue with the
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission: Android has
changed the rules so that from now on no application can write to the
external SD card anywhere outside its new standard folder
Android/data/[PACKAGE-NAME]. If OsmAnd was installed prior to updating
your device to Android 4.4.x, it will continue to work (read-only) with
the old, non-standard osmand folder, but won't be able to update any map
and other files there.
- Move OsmAnd's data folder osmand to the internal storage. \ Drawback: Internal storage can be rather small.
- Move OsmAnd's data folder osmand into its standard SD folder, \
for OsmAnd+ :
(extSdCard)/Android/data/net.osmand.plus/files\ for OsmAnd :
(extSdCard)/Android/data/net.osmand/files\ Caution: Whenever you uninstall OsmAnd now, all your data will be erased as well! (Unless you unmount your SD card, or rename the net.osmand(.plus) folder before de-installation.)
If you manually want to perform the necessary copies/moves, either use a
PC to perform this action on the SD card, or on the device itself use
the file manager tool which came pre-installed with your Android
(only these methods will have the necessary write permission). All copy operations
may also be invoked in OsmAnd itself via
Menu/Settings/General/Data storage folder but the copy operations may take a long time or result in
errors (e.g. if the SD card is too full).